Palms sweaty, gripping the club just a bit tighter than usual, water everywhere. Can this hole really only be playing 132 yards?
Ah, the famed 17th hole of the PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. Most of us have had dreams… or nightmares… of standing over that tee shot eyeing the pin on the island green. But, why dream? Now is the time to grab some friends and make this trip a reality.
Located just 30 minutes from Jacksonville in the beautiful beach town of Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., TPC Sawgrass offers everything you could need in a buddy trip – great golf, top-notch accommodations, incredible food, and plenty of activities for your time off the course.
The Home Of The PGA Tour
Home to PGA Tour headquarters and THE PLAYERS Championship, Sawgrass offers some great deals including a Buddy Golf Stay & Play package. The package features:
- Three night’s accommodations at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa.
- One round on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course.
- One round on Pete Dye’s Valley Course.
- Breakfast each morning at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse.
- $50 TPC Sawgrass merchandise gift card (per player).
- A one-hour short game lesson at the PGA TOUR’s Performance Center.
With more than 60 courses in the Ponte Vedra Beach area and The World Golf Hall of Fame in nearby St. Augustine, your trip to Sawgrass is sure to be one you and your buddies will always remember.
Music, Boating & A Pub Crawl
Off the course activities are endless with everything from great live music venues to fishing charters, amazing beaches and roller derby. If you and your buddies have a late tee time one day, consider a pub crawl along King Street in Jacksonville the night before.
Looking for some good eats? Besides the many, many solid seafood spots that come along with being located oceanside, the Ponte Vedra Beach area also boasts an impressive list of dining options including sushi, steaks, Italian, Mexican, and barbecue.
So, get planning and make your way to Ponte Vedra Beach and TPC Sawgrass. The 17th awaits (bring some extra balls).
Buddy Trip Cost
$1,500-$2,250 per person
Travel (by car)
30 minutes from Jacksonville, two hours from Orlando, three hours from Tallahassee.
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort and Spa
- Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
- Ponte Vedra Inn and Club
- Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Beaches Fishing Charters
- Blue Jay Listening Room
- PLAYERS Stadium Course (Pete Dye, 1982)
- Valley Course (Pete Dye, Bobby Weed, Jerry Pate, 1987)