As golfers, we talk a lot about “bad breaks” and “unlucky bounces” and players are forever wondering when the golf gods are going to flip the scales and we’ll cash in all our our “bad bounce” currency for the one that makes it all worth while.
I hate to say it, but I think Richard Green just cashed in all of the golf world’s bad breaks in making this ace on Wednesday during the pro-am for the Australian Tour’s Oates Vic Open:
Seriously? That bounce is stupid. Ridiculous — so ridiculous, in fact, that I think he had help. Does this remind you anything??
All kidding aside, that shot was incredible and proof that every once in a while, the gamble pays off.
“I thought I would hit a driver and see what happens; I just pushed it a little bit,” Green said after the round. “It was a good shot, but I knew it was going in the bunker so I was completely oblivious to the fact that it had made its way to the hole somehow.”
OK. You may all now return to your regularly scheduled cursing of the golf gods.
Related Link: Lawsuit Sidelines McIlroy
Other Hot Links:
– TGA: Teaching Kids Through The Game Of Golf
– Golf’s Newest On-Course Delivery Service: Drones
– Mickelson, Couples Say Tiger Is ‘Fine’ & Gronk Parties Hard
– Pablo Larrazabal Returns To Site Of Stinging Situation
– Tour Stops: Outside The Ropes At The Farmers Insurance Open
– Golfstradamus: Farmers Insurance Open
– Rory McIlroy, Horizon Sports Management Reach Agreement
– Golf Loses A Pioneer: Charlie Sifford Passes Away At 92
– ‘Slaying The Tiger’ Author Shane Ryan On Patrick Reed: ‘He Can Be A Prickly Pear’