Comfort is vital for a golfer. From the hat to the shirt, clubs, pants and socks, to be comfortable is to be ready to play your best.
FootJoy, of course, has made a living making sure golfers’ feet have been taken care of for years. In fact, comfort is so key to the folks at FootJoy that they’re confident you can be comfortable in any situation — even when playing alongside a PGA Tour superstar during a pro-am.
To help launch the newest edition in the long line of shoes in its Contour Series — which is the game’s best-selling shoe with more than 6 million pairs sold — FootJoy takes us through a pro-am from the “am’s” perspective.
One amateur sums up the feeling the best:
“Unbelievable nervous. Look at all these people and you’re playing with one of the greatest golfers in the world. It’s very nerve-wracking.”
Fortunately, the likes of Luke Donald, Brendan Steele, and some of FootJoy’s other PGA Tour brand ambassadors are quite understanding — and patient. But in the end, no matter how nervous they’re feeling or questionable their performance was, the amateurs of the pro-am were comfortable in their FJ Contours.
Touted as the brand’s most comfortable golf shoe yet, the new FootJoy Contours are 12 percent lighter and nine percent more flexible than their predecessor. They’ll be available Oct. 15 in 10 colors and retail starting at $135.
Related Link: Back9 Gear: FootJoy Golf Shoes
Other Hot Links:
– Titleist 915 Driver: High Speed, Low Spin, More Yards
– Back9 Gear: Titleist SM5 Wedges
– Gearing Up: Titleist 913 Driver
– Titleist 714 AP2 Irons
– The Fringe: ’59 Or Nothing’ For Colsaerts & Wie Hits The Gym
– TPC Expands Network Of Courses To Colombia
– SUV Tears Through Golf Course, Causes $40K In Damage
– Golf Helped Jennifer Lawrence Break Bad News To Dad
– The Fringe: Fowler’s New Flame & Walker’s Unfamiliar Territory
– 9 American Beers To Enjoy During American Beer Week
– Rory McIlroy Donates $1.6 Million To Build Children’s Cancer Center