Titleist isn’t exactly the most open company when it comes to new equipment releases, preferring instead to keep matters hush-hush until the last possible moment. However, a slew of social media reports suggest a new Titleist driver is being played by tour players.
The driver – which appears to be a prototype version of the new Titleist 915D – is completely black in color and features an Active Recoil Channel (whatever that is) toward the clubface. According to GolfWRX, the prototype was spotted in multiple players’ bags at this week’s Quicken Loans National Championship at Congressional.
— David Dusek (@Golfweek_Dusek) June 27, 2014
Here is your first look at the Titleist 915 D2 driver. It was seen on the range this week… with a slot! pic.twitter.com/J1PkGXKNKx
— Shank’s Golf Shop (@ShanksGolfShop) June 24, 2014
New driver today at Congressional! Titleist 915 D3 … So money! pic.twitter.com/PzMJ8vpy5h
— Morgan Hoffmann (@Morgan_Hoffmann) June 24, 2014
— Golfweek Magazine (@GolfweekMag) June 23, 2014
— Tom Hoge (@HogeGolf) June 26, 2014
The supposed Titleist 915D also features a fully-adjustable hosel, putting the driver in line with other companies offering similar customization capabilities (loft, lie, face angle).
As more and more of these drivers begin to pop up on tour, there is no doubt amateur golfers will begin drooling as they await more news on a release date from Titleist.
Other Hot Links:
– New Orleans Saints to Hold Training Camp at The Greenbrier
– Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
– Congressional Steeped in History of Golf, War & Politics
– Golfstradamaus: Quicken Loans National at Congressional
– Americans Are Dominating Golf, and It’s Not Even Close
– Ty Cobb Once Beat Babe Ruth … at Golf
– Bubba Watson Gets ‘Duck Dynasty’ Into Greenbrier Pro-Am