Unless you’re one of the experts giving these lessons, you could probably use a little help with your golf game. The weekend is coming and that means it’s time to play some golf! It also means it would be in your best interest to brush up on your game or face the consequences and ridicule from the other members of your foursome.
Fret not, hackers, duffers and less-than-good golfers of the world, Back9Network is here to help. This week’s Performance Friday comes courtesy of PGA Professional Jeff Haney.
Short Putt Alignment Drill
“[This drill] is good because a lot of people don’t line up squarely on short putts.”
Increasing Power off the Tee Without Getting out of Control
“To increase your power off the tee and still swing in control, learn to sequence your arms and body together. It’s a lot easier to do by making one weight shift instead of two.”
Hitting Better Bunker Shots
“The object [of digging your feet into the sand] is to get yourself below the level of the ball so you don’t have to dip down to hit the ball.”
Shot-Saving Chip and Run
“The ball will run out nice and smooth, just like a putt.”
Check back every Friday for a new batch of the best golf tips on the web to help you get ready for the weekend. May your drives be straight and your tales be tall.
Performance Friday Archive:
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Logan DeCarolis
– Performance Friday: U.S. Open Champions
– Performance Friday: Andre Panet-Raymond
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Casey Bourque
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Josh Zander
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Jeff Symmonds
– Performance Friday: Team Titleist’s Andrew Hall
– Performance Friday: Tips From Team Titleist
– Performance Friday: Callaway Golf Tips
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Rob Labritz
– Performance Friday: Ignition Golf’s Paul Wilson
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Derek Hooper