Unless you’re one of the experts giving these lessons, you could probably use a little help with your golf game. The weekend is coming and that means it’s time to play some golf! It also means it would be in your best interest to brush up on your game or face the consequences and ridicule from the other members of your foursome.
Fret not, hackers, duffers and less-than-good golfers of the world, Back9Network is here to help. This week’s Performance Friday comes courtesy of PGA Professional Mark Crossfield.
Is Your Swing too Flat?
“If you move his backswing into a more of a textbook, more upright backswing, his downswing then doesn’t follow that [out-to-in] path. His downswing […] is now more right than left and less flat.”
Sync Your Arms and Body for Better Golf
“People think it will make you more consistent, keeping the club going on a straight line the whole time but, you lose power; contact becomes a huge issue. Plus, as you start making it a bit harder for yourself, you start making different moves to find that window.”
How Your Grip Affects your Impact
“Your club face, as it comes down to hit the ball, will tend to always be what we tend to call open, or pointing right of whatever path you’re swinging on. What you’ll do to fix that at the bottom, at impact, you’ll flip the club forward.”
Hit Your Irons Close with “Dynamic Loft”
“Each club you have in your bag has loft, but we’re talking about the loft you present at impact. What are you increasing or decreasing? What loft you present at impact has a massive influence on the way the ball flies, height, spins, even direction to an extent.”
Check back every Friday for a new batch of the best golf tips on the web to help you get ready for the weekend. May your drives be straight and your tales be tall.
Performance Friday Archive:
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Jeff Haney
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Logan DeCarolis
– Performance Friday: U.S. Open Champions
– Performance Friday: Andre Panet-Raymond
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Casey Bourque
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Josh Zander
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Jeff Symmonds
– Performance Friday: Team Titleist’s Andrew Hall
– Performance Friday: Tips From Team Titleist
– Performance Friday: Callaway Golf Tips
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Rob Labritz
– Performance Friday: Ignition Golf’s Paul Wilson
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Derek Hooper