The weather at this week’s 2014 PGA Championship is forecast to be hot and muggy, so Nike Golf is outfitting its players with technology designed to keep them cool.
Here’s a rundown of what some of the biggest Nike Golf names will be wearing all week at Valhalla.
McIlroy will start and finish the week in the Lightweight Nike Innovation Color polo ($75) the same design he won in at the 2014 Open Championship in addition to Friday and Saturday’s Nike Innovation Two Color Jacquard polo ($75) in Light Magnet Grey and Photo Blue. McIlroy’s modern look is tied together with colorful and coordinated Flat Bill Tour Caps ($30). He’ll complete each look with the Modern Tech pant ($80), Sleek Modern Plaque belt ($50) and Nike Lunar Control footwear ($160).
Woods will sport lightweight fabrics with increased ventilation. On Thursday, he will go lightweight wearing Purple Haze color in the TW Seasonal Emboss Polo ($85). Friday through Sunday is all about ventilation: TW Iridescent Polo ($85) on Friday, TW Perforated Panel Polo ($100) on Saturday and the TW Seasonal Bold Stripe Polo ($90) in Action Red on Sunday. Woods will finish each look with the TW Adaptive Fit Pant ($125), TW Ultralight Tour cap ($30), TW Mesh Nike belt ($70) and Nike TW ‘14 footwear ($180).
Bold graphics including camouflage and bright stripes will be on display as Schwartzel hunts for his second major championship title. The Sport Seasonal Polo ($70) on Thursday, Nike Innovation Speed Stripe Polo ($80) on Friday and Sunday, and the Sport Stripe Polo ($65) on Saturday round out Schwartzel’s sporty styles. Nike Golf’s Modern Tech Pant, Nike Tour Mesh cap, Sleek Modern Plaque belt ($50) and Nike FI Impact footwear complete each head-to-toe look. Driver and ball: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour and Nike RZN Black.
Coordinating his hyper bright colors, Watney will wear the Nike Innovation Speed Stripe Polo ($80) in black with pops of Volt on Thursday and that same polo in white with pops of Photo Blue on Saturday. Relying on Dri-FIT fabrics head to toe throughout the week, Watney will wear the Nike Speed Print Polo ($75) on Friday and Sunday – pairing them with the Flat Front Tech Pant, Nike Tour Flat Bill cap and the Nike Lunar Control footwear. Driver and ball: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 and Nike RZN Platinum.
Related Link: Complete PGA Championship Coverage
More PGA Championship Links:
– Flashback: Sergio Challenges Tiger at 1999 PGA Championship
– 9 Greatest Moments in Valhalla Golf Club History
– Live Updates: 2014 PGA Championship Long-Drive Contest
– ‘Walk-In Putt’ at Valhalla Just One Of Tiger’s Famous 16th-Hole Shots
– 2014 PGA Championship: Rounds 1 & 2 Tee Times and Pairings
– 2014 PGA Championship: adidas & Ashworth Scripting
– PGA Championship 2014: PUMA Golf Scripting
– 2014 PGA Championship Scripting for Oakley’s Bubba Watson
– Why the PGA Championship Is Not a Minor Major
– Return to Valhalla: Tiger Woods vs. Bob May 14 Years Later
– The Odds: Rory Remains Huge Favorite at PGA Championship
– Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Get Custom Louisville Sluggers
– 2014 PGA Championship: Valhalla Hole-By-Hole
– 2014 PGA Championship Scripting for Jason Dufner
– Last Shot: Colin Montgomerie Gets Final Major Chance at Valhalla
– 9 Greatest Moments in PGA Championship History
– PGA Championship To Welcome Back Long-Drive Competition
– You Can Influence the PGA Championship’s Outcome
– Players & PGA Championships To Offer $10 Million Purses
– The Fringe: Bubba Watson Won’t Drive for Show
– The Fringe: Tiger’s Caddie Carries On & Fowler Turns Some Laps
– ‘Stay Tuned’: Keegan Bradley Teases Fans With Jordan Shoes
– Greg Norman Collection Featured at PGA Championship, Ryder Cup
– The Breakdown: Rickie Fowler’s Majorly Impressive Year
– Oh, the Places Golf’s Majors Trophies Have Been