The Connecticut State Golf Association recently hosted its Mixed Team Championship at Suffield Country Club, a unique tournament which pairs men and women as partners playing selected drive alternate shot. Teams include husbands and wives, fathers and daughters, mothers and sons, friends and neighbors.
The event, one of the association’s oldest and most historic, featured gross and net divisions, allowing players of all backgrounds and skill levels to compete.
The teams of Paul Schaeffer and Megan Weaver and Andy and Nathalie Filler finished tied top the leaderboard in the gross division while Ed Day and Dr. Kara Gormley were victorious in the net division, shooting 4-under.
More Back9Network Video:
– Chuck Irons and the Case of the Bogus Belt
– Ball Hogs: Pond Diving with Paige Ocktobur
– The Pine Crest Inn: A Piece of Pinehurst History
– Behind The Brew: Downeast Cider
– Tiger and Rory: Mission to China
– Ahmad Rashad Hassled By Guy On Driving Range… And It’s Tiger Woods
– Video: Tiger, Rory and Ahmad Uncensored at Mission Hills
– Bryan Bros Trick Shots: Under the Lights
– Michael Jordan: Presidents Cup Memories
– TaylorMade CEO Mark King on Growing The Game
– B9N Exclusive: New Haven’s 116 Crown
– Coach Ditka Unwinds at Mickey Blake’s Cigars
– Does It Drive: Season 1 Highlights
– Golfing and Giving Back: NY Giants Charity Tournament
– Okemo: Summer Golf Resort, Winter Wonderland
– Ted Bishop & Jim Remy: Growing The Game