Tommy the Barber in Edin, NC not only cuts hair, but collects a wide range of flags and golf balls. He’s got over 2,000 stocked from floor to ceiling in his barber shop. The guys find everything from 1920’s mesh pattern balls to rare Masters flags – but don’t let that southern hospitality fool yah, even though he doesn’t know the worth of all his items, he still drives a hard bargain.
Bob and his business partner Mike are long time collector/dealers based in Pinehurst, N.C. – the home of American golf. They’ve recently opened up a golf memorabilia shop and have invited Bob and Ryan to come scope out the inventory for their next auction. The only problem – Bob and Mike are experts on the value of their items, so the Green Jacket Auction boys will have to bring their A game, or they’ll be in for more of a show and tell – then show and bring home.
Tommy Woodall, Eden, NC (Seller 1)
– 1920s Mesh Pattern Golf Ball – bought for $4,250 / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
– 2000 U.S. Open Pebble Beach Canvas Flag – bought for $350 / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
– Ronald Reagan Presidential Gold Ball – bought for $60 / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
– 1997 Masters Flag – bought for $1,850 + a shave / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
Bob Hansen, Pinehurst, NC (Seller 2)
– 1860s Gutta Percha – $1,750 starting bid / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
– 1900s Stereo Optic Viewer (Walter Hagen) – $250 starting bid / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
– 1870s Red Captains Jacket – $2,500 starting bid / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
– 1995 Ryder Cup Captain’s Trophy – $20,000 starting bid / auctioned for TBD / commission TBD
Tune into an all-new “Golf Treasures” airing Monday at 9 p.m. EST on Back9Network — DIRECTV channel 262.