America is gearing up for yet another Fourth of July weekend, but that’s not the only newsworthy item you should be talking about this week. Here are 9 other top stories trending on the internet.
1) Inbee Park is better at golf than you – By winning the U.S. Women’s Open last week, Inbee Park has now captured three consecutive major championships on the LPGA Tour. She is undoubtedly the hottest golfer on the planet and yet it seems like no one is talking about her talent. Could you imagine the hailstorm if Tiger Woods won the last three majors? Not fair, I tells ya.
2) Rory McIlroy is only slightly better at golf than you – On the other hand, Rory McIlroy’s disappointing season continues after missing yet another tournament cut at last week’s Irish Open. While he is still No. 2 in the Official World Golf Rankings, McIlroy is quickly losing ground to others on the list.
3) Kenny Perry finally won a major – It may have taken a few starts on the Champions Tour to do it, but Kenny Perry can finally be called a major champion after winning last week’s Constellation Senior Players Championship. Now, if only we can do something about that visor obsession of his…
4) Bill Haas quietly wins another PGA event – This time, Bill Haas didn’t wait until the season’s final event to notch another win in his cap. This year’s AT&T Championship winner has a knack for sneaking up on the field once a year. Having now won in four straight years, Haas might become the new face of American golf.
5) Chris Paul just got paid, son – In non-golf news, LA Clipper Chris Paul just signed a 5-year, $107 million contract extension to play for new head coach Doc Rivers. No word on what his alter-ego, Cliff Paul, is making these days.
6) Dwight Howard might be Houston’s problem – He might be the best center in the NBA, but current-LA Laker Dwight Howard has proven to be quite a pain in the neck. Howard is slated to meet with the Houston Rockets’ front office to see if he can find away to become the second most-hated Texan behind Tony Romo.
7) “Buttfumble” is now a silent film, starring Mark Sanchez – As a New England Patriot fan, nothing made me happier than seeing NY Jets QB Mark Sanchez run into the business end of his lineman during last season’s playoffs. That is, until I saw this video.
8) Brooke Hogan is getting married – The daughter of pro wrestling legend Hulk Hogan, Brooke, is about to tie the knot with Dallas Cowboys’ center Phil Costa. There is no limit to the amount of money I’d pay to see a leg drop at that wedding reception, brother.
9) Justin Timberlake wants to start a family – JT and wife Jessica Biel are talking about starting a family. Could you imagine the baby shower registry for that kid? A suit and tie would be the least expensive item, for sure.
Related Link: What Has Tiger Seeing Red on Sundays?
Other Hot Links: