|Related Links: 2013 Open Championship Coverage|
It’s an exciting time for golf. While many other sports take breaks at this time of year, golf is actually revved up. With the race for the FedEx Cup and many exciting tournaments, all the star players on the course are showcasing their best gear.
Here’s our top looks from recent tournaments.
1. Ryo Ishikawa at age 21 has the best of both worlds, he’s not only provided cool apparel to wear by Callaway, (we love this new take on Hawaiian print,) he also signed a deal with the company for $6.8 million a year. Looks like karma is on his side, as the Japanese star donated all his 2011, and a portion of 2012 earnings, to the tsunami victims.
2. Bo Van Pelt wears Alial Fital, one of the coolest brands in golf. We love the cotton poly hybrid soft feel and the preppy plaid details on collars and cuffs. Their logo is a lion and lioness, making him king of the jungle of animal club covers.
3. Can you look at this photo of Charlie Hoffman and not smile? I think it’s impossible. His long curly locks flowing in the wind are priceless. He’s made our fashion leaderboard before in his signature green glove, belt, hat, shirt and shoes and rocked it for the Travelers Tournament.
4. Keegan Bradley does a warm up “ballet” during the practice round, ensuring he has the correct grip. This isn’t one of our favorite Tommy Hilfiger looks, with the white shirt and light pants, but we’ll cut him some slack since it was the practice. During the tournament he switches to an eye-catching ensemble of navy blue with light blue stripes around the shoulders paired with white pants.
5. Ian Poulter is more suited to wear attire that stands out rather than something simple. For example, his IJP electric aqua blue polo with matching PUMA COBRA belt, shoes and white pants looks much better than a boring white shirt and black pants.
6. Rickie Fowler’s signature orange on orange, in honor of his alma mater Oklahoma State, makes this list due to the hilarious ESPN Colorblind video that went viral this week.
7. Graham DeLaet in his orange Sligo polo with very bright, hot Caribbean blue plaid pants with hints of orange had a great week and shows how bold style can go very right. Sligo doesn’t always land on the greens, as they landed very far off with their navy blue, light blue, and red striped shirt with pink in the back and matching pink pants on Aaron Watkins.
8. Casey Wittenberg is making the Adidas and TaylorMade line really pop this summer. We love bright yellow to match the Travelers Championship logo, especially against the greens. We especially love the yellow lenses on his Oakley sunglasses, which are great for blocking the sun and reading the course.
9. DH Lee is making his first appearance on the leaderboard. This is a trendy futuristic space pattern that can be seen in fashion a lot these days. Earlier in the spring ladies wore leggings with the outer space glowing star look and now it has carried over into golf.
For over five years, Elle Brec is the leading source for golf fashion as published in New England Golf Monthly digital and print magazine, mynegm.com and more recently editor and writer of Golf Fashion Weekly digital magazine and golffashionweekly.com blog as well as a feature fashion and lifestyle writer in Fairways of Life magazine.
Related Link: Lindsey Vonn Happy with Tiger, Doesn’t Need Marriage