Bunkers in Baghdad – a not-for-profit charity that helps current and former military in the golfing spirit – has announced they’ve donated over five million golf balls to troops since 2008.
The announcement was made on the charity’s website (www.bunkersinbaghdad.com) on Friday. As an added footnote, the charity also announced they’ve donated upwards of 200,000 golf clubs to U.S. military all around the globe.
Bunkers in Baghdad has been one of the fastest-growing charities in the world and was once again named as a “Top-Rated Nonprofit” in 2014 by GreatNonprofits.org. The charity also donates to the Wounded Warrior Projects across the globe and strives to keep golf alive in the hearts of those who have served.
Other Hot Links:
– From Sea to Shining Sea: One Military Veteran’s Golf Quest
– How You Can Help PGA of America Honor Our Veterans
– Golfers Salute U.S. Troops for Memorial Day
–TaylorMade Golf Honors Injured Vets for Memorial Day
– Remembering 9/11 – Let Freedom Swing
– Golf’s Hidden Role In Military History
– Helping A Real Hero: The Daniel Meyer Story