Historic Clubhouse At Ticonderoga Burns Down

A popular golf destination in upstate New York is recovering from a devastating fire that ravaged the clubhouse and pro shop over the weekend. Ticonderoga Golf Course saw its restaurant and clubhouse go up in flames during a wedding-related event on Saturday night.


“As many of you know, Ticonderoga Golf clubhouse had a major fire last night,” the course posted on its website. “The clubhouse and Pro Shop were a total loss. We are grateful for all your prayers and good thoughts and ask that you continue to keep those that sustained burns in your prayers. We are still open for business. For the next few days, check in for greens fees and carts will be at Five Nations Golf.”


The fire department was called at 10:07 p.m. on Saturday night shortly after the blaze began. 

“While responding, we were advised that there was an explosion with at least four people injured with possible entrapment,” Ticonderoga Fire Chief Matthew Watts said. “Upon my arrival, I was met by approximately 50 people outside and people still coming out from the building and fire on the first and second floor. Everyone was accounted for.”

The four injured were taken to the hospital for burns and smoke inhalation.

Ticonderoga Golf Course was opened in 1925 and designed by renowned instructor Seymour Dunn.