Can Jordan Spieth do anything wrong on a golf course these days?
The 20-year-old Presidents Cup rookie, who will be the youngest American ever to compete in the event, sank a hole-in-one on the 12th hole during the practice round Wednesday. Davis Love III, one of captain Fred Couples’ assistants, shot video of the wunderkind picking up his ball from the cup:
Had an Ace today! Tiger didn’t care.. he birdied the next 2 on us. Ready to tee it up with #theSavage by my side
— Jordan Spieth (@JordanSpieth) October 2, 2013
No wonder seemingly every guy on the U.S. squad wants to get paired with Speith as they take on the international team this week. He’s been killing it on the course – 53-under-par over his last five tournaments, which obviously doesn’t include stellar practice rounds.
Veteran Steve Stricker will get the nod, as Couples made his first picks Wednesday afternoon.
“Who doesn’t want to play with him?” Stricker told Sky Sports. “I think everybody on our team wants to play with him.”
Other Hot Links:
– 9 Reasons Why Jordan Spieth is Coolest 20-Year-Old Ever
– 9 Things You Need to Know About the Presidents Cup
– 5 Things You Need to Know About Jordan Spieth
– 5 Reasons Jordan Spieth Belongs on the 2013 Presidents Cup Team
– Jordan Spieth Wins PGA Tour Rookie of the Year