The Los Angeles Country Club sits right in Beverly Hills. It didn’t get the 90210 zip code, but it’s close, so you know it’s posh.
Its North Course is annually ranked among the finest in the land, and considering it was recently restored by Gil Hanse – the man in charge of the 2016 Rio Olympic course and Doral’s Blue Monster – it’s no wonder why.
The Los Angeles Country Club also has a lot of rules. Some examples:
– As general attire, multi-colored athletic shoes, sandals, go-aheads, clogs, or other types of beach shoes, including flip flops, are not acceptable anywhere at the Club.
– As women’s attire, women’s slacks must be tailored and within 6″ of the ankle.
– As women’s golf course attire, skirts must be no shorter than 4″ above the knee.
And model Kate Upton heard a rumor about women not getting equal treatment:
I just heard that Los Angeles Country Club doesn’t allow women to golf until noon.That is the most insulting news I’ve heard! It’s 2014
— Kate Upton (@KateUpton) June 4, 2014
That does sound a bit ridiculous, and in fact, it’s not true according to the club’s GM, Kirk Reese. Nonetheless, we don’t see Upton playing the course anytime soon considering she’ll probably find it tough to abide by some of the other aforementioned rules on clothing.
However, it looks like she has an offer from a LACC female member:
.@KateUpton Hey Kate, I’m a LACC woman member and can play any time, any day of the week. You got bad info. Let’s play sometime!
— Noel Lucky (@noelluckygolf) June 4, 2014
Photos: Golf Swimsuit Gallery
Related Link: Arnold Palmer Sees Potential for Kate Upton as Golfer
Other Hot Links:
– Steve Elkington to Host His Own Television Show
– The Fringe: Fowler’s Sneak Peek & Win a Day with Dufner
– Video Breakdown: The Anatomy of a Failed Golf Trick Shot
– New Way to Ride: Custom Lowrider Golf Cart with Hydraulics
– 5 Things You Need to Know: FedEx St. Jude Classic