Actor Richard Kiel died on Wednesday in Fresno, Calif. He was 74.
Along with his role in “Happy Gilmore,” the 7-foot-2 Kiel also had a memorable role in “Jaws” and was a James Bond villain in “Moonraker” and “The Spy Who Loved Me.” He will most remembered in golf circles as Mr. Lason — Happy Gilmore’s old boss, the guy with the nail in his head and Shooter McGavin’s worst nightmare.
— Justin Thomas (@JustinThomas34) September 11, 2014
In honor of the man in his legendary role, here are some of Mr. Larson’s best moments from “Happy Gilmore”:
“You can count”
“You can hardly even notice it.”
“Play it as it lies”
“Aren’t you forgetting your 9-iron?”
Rest in peace, Mr. Kiel.
Other Hot Links:
– ‘Happy Gilmore’ Reborn As Awesome 80s Video Game
– Sydney Leroux Fails, Then Succeeds in Happy Gilmore Drive
– 9 Must-Have Golf Apps For iPhone
– 5 Biggest Surprises To Make & Miss Tour Championship
– Nature Calls: Billy Horschel Blows Up Twitter With 18th Hole Potty Break
– Tweek in Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– The Fringe: Rory Makes A Dream Come True & Stars Race To Relax
– FedExCup Update: Horschel, Hoffman, Sergio Climb
– Broncos vs. Colts Brings Out Rory, Bubba & More
– Déjà Vu: Rory McIlroy Four-Putts Green On Consecutive Days