There are several reasons why a person might give up playing golf: it’s difficult, expensive, and frustrating. Other than that, it’s the best sport on Earth.
Rob Lowe, however, quit playing golf for a different reason. One that you would (probably) never think of.
He hit a bird.
But not just any bird … the Iowa state bird.
Lowe shared the story of the horrific, tragic incident from a 2007 golf tournament with Conan O’Brien.
“I hit a really — I thought — nice sand wedge. DOINK. In the air. Dead. Into the trap.”
Storytelling doesn’t get much better than that. Add in the fact that Lowe was told the odds of hitting a bird in mid-air are one in 747 million, and this becomes a legendary tale.
Now, it’s unclear whether it was scrawny arms Rob Lowe, meathead Rob Lowe, or overly paranoid Rob Lowe that hit the shot. Regardless, it was Rob Lowe in one form or another.
And just in case you haven’t seen those hilarious DIRECTV commercials, here are a few.
Other Hot Links:
– Bubba Watson To Be Front & Center At 2015 PGA Show
– 5 Things We’re Looking For At PGA Show Demo Day
– Watch Miguel Angel Jimenez Sink ‘The World’s Most Interesting Ace’
– Chrome Soft: Behind The Making Of Callaway Golf’s New Ball
– Phil Mickelson Sells California Home For $5.725 Million
– Rickie Fowler & Rory McIlroy Hit Fish Food In ‘Pitch & Paddle’ Contest
– Ian Poulter Gets Fitted At Ferrari HQ, Makes You Extremely Jealous
– John Elway & 9 Hilariously Awkward Press Conferences
– The Turn: Economic Impact Of CFB Playoff, Phoenix Open & Super Bowl
– Ryan Carey Of ‘Golf Treasures’ Talks Rory, Tiger Memorabilia
– Off Par: Ancient Golf Aliens
– Patrick Reed’s Epic Tan Line & CFB ‘Mean Tweets’
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets