In his mission to grow the game of golf, TaylorMade CEO Mark King wants to see the game exposed to all sorts of new people. Unknowingly to King, his “Hack Golf” initiative was presented Wednesday night to the massive audience of the “The Colbert Report.”
Comedian Stephen Colbert’s “Sport Report” segment touched on America’s “need” to recruit athletes at a younger age (preferably while they’re still in the womb), then shifted to golf and the movement to make it more fun for everyone. He brought up Hack Golf and hilariously highlighted some of the more ridiculous suggestions posted on HackGolf.org.
OK, so Colbert’s idea of turning golf more into basketball isn’t exactly what golf enthusiasts have in mind for growing the game, but you never know what a person watching TV might be inspired to do. If Colbert’s silly skit brings just one new person to the game of golf, Hack Golf has succeeded, right?
Related Link: TaylorMade CEO Mark King on Growing The Game
Other Hot Links:
– Rare Air: Keegan Bradley 1st Official Jordan Brand Golfer
– Golfer In ‘Disbelief’ After 2 Aces in Same Round
– Throwback Thursday: Daly’s Dud and The Birth of Dufnering
– 5 Things You Need to Know: Valero Texas Open
– Red Sox To Give President Obama New Loudmouth Blazer