After watching the “Back to the Future” films, we all came away wanting two things in particular: a hoverboard and Marty McFly’s Nike Air MAG sneakers with PowerLaces. We’ve seen the hoverboard (sort of) come to life, but real Air MAGs with Power Laces have yet to hit shelves … until now.
Nike’s designer Tinker Hatfield confirmed that the shoes will be released in 2015 — for real.
Although he didn’t give a specific release date, he reminded the crowd at the Agenda Trade Show that there are still “11 and two-thirds months left in 2015.” (Sigh)
The Air MAGs had been released via eBay auction back in 2011 when Nike sold 1,500 pairs to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation, but those were sans Power Laces. The 2015 edition sounds like the real deal.
How could you not want these things (courtesy of NiceKicks):
And in case you forgot how Power Laces work, here’s a video to remind you:
Other Hot Links:
– Charles Barkley Tried Hypnosis, ‘Woke Up With Same Crappy Golf Swing’
– The Fringe: Cliff Jumping In Maui & Bradley Cooper’s Epic Air Guitar Solo
– Swing Juice Founder Jon Mason
– CES 2015: Best from the world of autos
– Floyd Mayweather takes $287.94 million photo
– Rickie Fowler named to Forbes ’30 Under 30: Sports’ list
– 25 things that could (maybe, possibly) happen in 2015
– MLB Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz
– Watch: Rob Dyrdek & the crew play Footgolf in ‘Fantasy Factory’
– Tour Stops: Outside the ropes at Maui’s Hyundai Tournament of Champions
– The Fringe: Keegan refuses to unpack Ryder Cup suitcase