Nike has pretty much mastered the design of every product available for athletes. From shoes to apparel to golf clubs, it has done it all. But among the few things that Nike has yet to design is the interior of an airplane for top-notch athletes. Yes, you read that right … an airplane.
Nike and Teague, a Seattle design firm, have teamed up to make flights more comfortable for athletes, as they attempt to take the discomfort out of flying.
Taking a cabin suited to fit 100-400 passengers, the two groups collaborated to come up with a design to fit a small team instead. It would feature four specific zones to make the flight more suitable for the players.
Recovery: equalizing the negative effects of air travel on the mind and body, and bringing the training room to 40,000 feet through in-flight biometrics and analysis to accelerate injury diagnosis and treatment.
Circulation: fostering natural mobility and building in equipment that ensures optimal circulation and promotes healing.
Sleep: designing ideal sleeping conditions for individuals and sleep strategies for entire teams to maximize physical readiness.
Thinking: creating spaces for key mental activities, especially film study—enabling in-transit film review both before and after games.
This is only a concept at the moment, but don’t be surprised if it comes to fruition someday. If it does, book my ticket now.
Just look at these photos, courtesy of Teague:
The only thing that’s missing from the design is a putting green. Or maybe a driving range simulator. If Nike can open a top-of-the-line performance center, it can definitely come up with a way to put a putting green on an airplane.
That way, golfers wouldn’t have to practice like this.
Related Link: Golfing On Airplanes Is Really Taking Off
Other Hot Links:
– J.R. Smith Says Michael Jordan Won’t Play Him In Golf
– Slice of Bacon: Rory vs. Tiger In 2015, Bad Golf Styles and More
– 28 ‘Happy Gilmore’ GIFs That Will Take You To Your Happy Place
– The Fringe: Horschel Has Priorities In Order & Poulter On The Bag
– Birthday Bust: 7-Year-Old Ticketed For Golf Cart Joyride
– 7 iPhone Gadgets Geared For Golfers
– 9 Must-Have Golf Apps For iPhone
– McIlroy, Manning Take Picture Worth $51.4 Million
– 5 Biggest Surprises To Make & Miss Tour Championship