Michelle Wie returned to action last week, traveling to South Korea for the LPGA Tour’s Hanabank Championship, where she finished two strokes off the lead on Sunday and tied for fifth. It marked the world No. 6 player’s first appearance since her first-round withdrawal from the Evian Championship last month, as she’s been battling a wrist injury.
And while in the homeland of her parents, of course Wie fit in like a local. She picked up some chopsticks, grabbed a live squid, and calmly dropped the still-moving organism into her mouth:
When in Korea! #livesquid @jamiekuhn…you are missing out!
If you feel like you’ve seen this eating adventure before, you probably have. About this time last year, when Wie was in town for the same tournament, she posted a similar video. And she convinced her friend, Jamie Kuhn, to partake in the local custom as well.
So you can’t say Wie has changed much after her banner year (a career-high $1,702,779 earned).
Related Link: Michelle Wie Eats Live Squid
More Hot Links:
– Michelle Wie On Dark Art: I’m Half Happy, Half Very Morbid Person
– Michelle Wie Hits NYC For Epic U.S. Women’s Open Media Tour
– Michelle Wie Gives Rory McIlroy Just A Little Cover Love
– By the Numbers: Michelle Wie Wins 2014 U.S. Women’s Open
– Michelle Wie Soars Like Mike
– Instagram: Best of Michelle Wie