Billy Horschel became the youngest FedExCup champion at the age of 27 on Sunday, capping an incredible run through the playoffs. After sinking his final putt and pocketing a cool $11.4 million, Horschel proceeded to celebrate in a way that didn’t sit well with the fans in attendance.
Being a former Florida Gator golfer, Horschel did the famous “Gator Chomp” for the hometown Georgia Bulldog fans, igniting a chorus of boo-birds. And it was awesome.
It can be heard at the 1:00 mark below:
“It was all out of fun,” Horschel said. “I just wanted them to know that a University of Florida Gator came into Georgia Bulldog country and was able to come out victoriously.”
Perfectly said by the man himself.
I just don’t know who upset the hometown fans more. Rory McIlroy after winning the Open Championship, or Horschel with his “Gator Chomp.”
Not that it matters to Horschel…
“I’m proud of being a University of Florida Gator,”Horschel said. “If people got turned off from me by doing the Gator Chomp, they’ve got their own issues.”
Related Link: Rory McIlroy Gets Booed by Liverpool (F.C.) Fans
Other Hot Links:
– 7 Outrageous Things $10 Million Could Buy For Billy Horschel’s Daughter
– 5 Things To Know About Billy Horschel
– Weekend Recap: Horschel Wins Tour Championship, FedExCup & $10 Million
– 10 Million Reasons Billy Horschel Might Miss The Birth Of His Child
– Rory McIlroy Makes 55 — 55! — Putts In a Row
– Hopping Hazard: Golfer Hits Shot Over Sun-Bathing Kangaroo
– Space Ace: Andy Sullivan Wins Prize That’s Out of This World
– Are Massages Hindering Jason Day’s Play?
– Rory McIlroy’s Ball Lands In Fan’s Pocket, Still Makes Par