“To the victor goes the spoils,” and for recent first-time winner and Back9Network ambassador Cheyenne Woods, those spoils now include an LPGA Tour exemption.
After finally taking time out of her busy schedule to celebrate her victory, Woods announced more good news on Twitter.
It’s official, my next event will be the JTBC Founders Cup in Phoenix, Arizona! Very excited for the opportunity to play in my hometown!
— Cheyenne Woods (@Cheyenne_Woods) March 10, 2014
Woods collected her first major pro tour win at the Volvik RACV Ladies Masters in Queensland, Australia, on the Ladies European Tour in February. She plays full-time on the Symetra Tour, the LPGA’s developmental tour, but because of her victory on the LET, she’s expected to be in line for more sponsors exemptions on the LPGA Tour this year. Her best career finish in seven starts on the LPGA Tour is a T-50 at the 2012 Evian Masters.
The Founders Cup will take place at Wildfire Golf Club in Phoneix, March 20-23.
Photo Gallery: Cheyenne Woods
More with Cheyenne Woods:
– Cheyenne Woods & Coach Knew 2014 Could Be Big Year
– Cheyenne Woods Remixes Uncle Tiger’s Classic Nike Ad
– B9N’s Cheyenne Woods Among ’18 Most Beautiful Women in Golf’
– Cheyenne Woods Not Burdened By Tiger
– 9 Questions with Cheyenne Woods
– Gift Guide: Cheyenne Woods’ Favorite Things
– Cheyenne Woods: Catching Tiger Off Guard
– Cheyenne Woods Motivated by Visit to St. Andrews
– Multitalented Cheyenne Woods Masters Moonwalk
– Cheyenne Woods: Iconic Masters Shots Come to Life
– Cheyenne Woods: ‘Captivated’ By Tiger’s Presence At Augusta
– Cheyenne Woods: Masters Memories Old And New
– Cheyenne Woods: Masters Practice Rounds Are Special For Everyone
– Back9 In 90: Gary Player Talks With Cheyenne Woods
– Cheyenne Woods: U.S. Open First Impressions