We’ve all been there. You’re enjoying a round of golf and “Fore!” is bellowed from afar. You scatter, you duck, you thank your lucky stars the ball didn’t find you.
Fabrizio Zanotti wasn’t so lucky.
Zanotti, from Paraguay, was hit directly in the head by an errant golf ball Thursday in the first round of play at the KLM Open, prompting play to be suspended.
— Klemen Kolar (@KlemenKolarSTL) September 11, 2014
Zanotti was on the 16th fairway at Kennemer Golf & Country Club when he was hit by the ball coming from the 14th tee. He was taken to a nearby hospital for precaution and is reportedly recovering.
According to the European Tour, the ball was hit by Alexandre Kaleka and fellow players Felipe Aguilar and Ricardo Gonzalez joined Zanotti at the hospital.
Zanotti went to Twitter to thank his fellow players for for the support:
Thanks a lot to all the players for the messages and especially to Ricardo Gonzalez and @FelipeAgui for being always with me!!!
— Fabrizio Zanotti (@fabrizanotti) September 11, 2014
Other Hot Links:
– A New Hairdo and Some Hair Don’ts For Ian Poulter
– Grin and Bear It: Cub Has A Blast With A Flagstick
– Rory Says Tiger and Phil Are ‘Just Getting Older’
– Mr. Larson From ‘Happy Gilmore’ Dead at 74
– Golfers Honor Arnold Palmer On King’s 85th Birthday
– Billy Horschel Picks ‘Bubba Watson’s’ Nose In 360-Degree Tour
– World’s Longest Golf Club Is Highly Impractical, Yet Also Incredible
– Golfstradamaus: Tour Championship & KLM Open