Back9 Ambassador Jim Remy gave up his duties as president of the PGA of America nearly two years ago, but he remains an active figure at golf events worldwide, especially at the PGA’s largest tournaments.
So it’s no surprise he’s present at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, Mich., this week for the Senior PGA Championship, the second of five majors on the senior circuit in 2014. But Remy isn’t in town to shake hands and watch the action. He’ll be working – as a caddie for his friend Ed Kirby, the head golf pro at Alpine Country Club in Cranston, R.I.
Remy sent us this photo from a practice round Sunday with Kirby:
Kirby and Remy will be in the first group off the No. 10 tee on Thursday, bright and early at 7:30 a.m. Their group will then lead the afternoon wave (12:40 p.m.) off No. 1 on Friday.
Related Link: Ted Bishop & Jim Remy: Growing The Game
Other Hot Links:
– The Fringe: Bubba Signs A Lot & Jimenez Claims Historic Win
– Frankencart: Four Old Golf Carts and a Pontiac
– Luck of the Irish? Not So for Padraig Harrington
– Weekend Recap: Brendon Todd, Miguel Angel Jimenez Triumph
– A Look at the 17 Men to Hold Golf’s World No. 1 Ranking