Everything John Daly does, he does big. And that includes gambling.
The two-time major champion estimated his losses to be between $55-57 million. Daly said in an interview on “In Depth With Graham Bensinger,” “I should say I regret it, but I did it, I move on from it. I had a lot of fun doing it.”
Related Link: Top 9 John Daly On-Course Moments
Daly certainly isn’t the only athlete to have issues with gambling. Famously, Charles Barkley has claimed to have lost close to $10 million gambling, including $2.5 million in a six-hour window while playing blackjack. Pete Rose, the all-time hit king in Major League Baseball, was banned for life from the game due to his addiction.
Daly once said of his lifestyle, “Everyone has addictions and my problem is that I have 5,000 of them. If it’s not drinking, it’s gambling; if it’s not gambling, it’s eating anything from burgers, doughnuts to M&Ms.”
Surely, we can all relate a little to John Daly; it’s one of the reasons we all love him so damn much. None of us can relate to losing $55 million playing blackjack, but we’ve all overdone it a bit.
What is most remarkable is Daly’s attitude about it all: “I moved on from it.” Seemingly, that’d be impossible for most of us, but Daly remains upbeat. And that’s why we all root for him week in and week out.
Photo Gallery: The Best of John Daly’s Pants
Related Link: Year In Twitter Pics – John Daly
Other Hot Links:
– John Daly Busts Out Eye-Popping Hooters Pants
– John Daly Disappointed With Twitter After Shooting 90
– John Daly Hits Ball out of Guy’s Mouth (Video)
– John Daly Rocks SpongeBob GolfPants
– John Daly Sinks Ace at Pro-Am, Wins Brand New Luxury Car?
– John Daly’s Encounter with Cobra in South Africa
– John Daly Plays Golf in a Tutu
– Where’s John Daly? Downstream Casino (Video)
– John Daly Tells Miley Cyrus He’s Still Having Sex at 47
– John Daly: Inside the Lion’s Den (Video)