Long drive champions are supposed to hit the ball far. That’s a no-brainer. But no one — and I mean no one — is supposed to hit the ball this far from this position.
Two-time RE/MAX World Long Drive Champion Jamie Sadlowski took a swing from his knees, hammering the drive 331 yards.
To put that distance into perspective, the longest hitter on the PGA Tour this year was Bubba Watson, averaging 314.3 yards per drive. The tour average: 288.8 yards per drive.
Not only did Sadlowski bomb it 17 yards farther than Bubba Watson’s average, but he hit it 43 yards farther than the tour average. Again, from his knees.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he’s a two-time champion.
Other Hot Links:
– Tiger Woods Set To Join Golfing Legends In Restaurant Business
– What’s Inside A Golf Ball: Goose Feathers & More
– Rory McIlroy, Bill Murray Prepping At St. Andrews
– Wing Tips: Justin Rose Tees Off Atop A Boeing 747
– The Fringe: Stars Lobby Ryder Cup Captain Votes, Best Derek Jeter Tribute Yet
– European Ryder Cup Team ‘Fears Azinger’ Says Padraig Harrington
– Rory McIlroy Won’t Sign Center Of Masters Flag … Until He Wins
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– Ahmad Rashad’s Dream Foursome… er, Fivesome
– Who Should Be The Next U.S. Ryder Cup Captain?
– Dude Perfect Drops ‘Golf Challenge’ Trick Shot Video