An Aussie has finally won the Masters. (A guy using an anchored putter has also now won the Masters, too, but we digress.) It took 77 Masters played to do it, but Adam Scott will bring the green jacket back to Oz.
In doing so, he breaks one of the great sporting curses of our time. Here’s a look at some other curses from recent sporting memory — some still alive, others since broken.
- Par-3 Contest Jinx: No Masters champion has won the Par-3 Contest that week
- Curse of the Bambino: Boston Red Sox win the 2004 World Series
- Curse of the Black Sox: Chicago White Sox win the 2005 World Series
- Madden Cover Curse: Injuries aplenty for video-game cover athletes
- The Belgian Curse: Tennis player Ana Ivanovic just cannot beat a Belgian
NEXT: The Par-3 Contest Jinx