When you’re a professional golfer, being really good at golf might get a little boring. Well, probably not, but it might be fun to switch things up every now and then. For Rickie Fowler and Cameron Tringale, that’s exactly what they did.
Rather than playing a round for fun right-handed, the traditional way, Fowler and Tringale decided to shake things up a bit by playing lefty. They also underwent name-changes, and brought out their alter egos: Richard Flower and Mac Triangles.
While you’d expect scores to be high for a golfer playing opposite-handed, “Richard” and “Mac’s” scores weren’t all that bad. “Flower” posted a 50 on the front nine, while “Triangles” shot a 63. Not bad…
…but Fowler had a little trouble on the back nine.
— Rickie Fowler (@RickieFowlerPGA) June 18, 2014
After a day of lefty golf, the final scores are in: 110 for Fowler and 117 for Tringale.
Tringale may have lost on the course, but he won the day with that killer mustache.
Related Link: Rickie Fowler Works a Desk Job in New USGA Commercial
Other Hot Links:
– Cheyenne Woods Eyes Major Impression at U.S. Women’s Open
– They’re Baaack: ‘Golf Boys’ Reunite at Travelers Championship
– Stanford Teammates Get New Sponsors, Make Pro Debut
– 5 Things You Need to Know: Travelers Championship
– 9 Players to Watch at the 2014 U.S. Women’s Open
– Trick Shot Tuesday: Masters of Misdirection
– Is FootGolf the Next Big Thing?
– Martin Kaymer Came Closer to Losing the Open Than You Think
– The Fringe: Kaymer Watches World Cup in NYC & Bubba Goes Fishin’
– Rory McIlroy, Clubs ‘Re-United’ & It Feels So Good