Padraig Harrington has been on Twitter for two years. Over that span, he’s sent out nine tweets. So he’s no Ian Poulter, who can send out that many messages in nine minutes. Heck, Harrington’s not even on par with Tiger Woods, who’s good for maybe a handful of tweets a month.
So you can imagine our surprise when we came across a fresh tweet posted to Harrington’s verified account. And then you can further envision our shock when we took a look at the image: Paddy holding up a pair of autographed tighty whities (or whitey tighties if you prefer). Definitely not something you see every day:
— Padraig Harrington (@padraig_h) May 22, 2014
Not surprisingly, the briefs represent a good cause. Harrington and Jonas Blixt signed them for a charity called It’s On The Ball, which helps raise awareness for testicular cancer and support those affected.
— It’s On The Ball (@Itsontheball) May 21, 2014
Harrington, Blixt and many other Europeans are at Wentworth this week for the BMW PGA Championship, the European Tour’s flagship event. Through two rounds, Harrington was 1 over par. Thomas Bjorn and Shane Lowry are tied at the top at 10-under.
– Padraig Harrington Obeys Wife, Doesn’t Jump Off Stadium
– Luck of the Irish? Not So for Padraig Harrington
– Padraig Harrington has ‘Happy Gilmore’ Shot Mastered
– Padraig Harrington Sure Likes Hitting Golf Balls at People
– 9 Questions with Padraig Harrington
– Back9 Ambassador: Padraig Harrington