Is there honestly a place on the golf course where you wouldn’t expect Phil Mickelson to hit a shot from? He’s played out of pine straw, the back sides of bunkers, and even cart paths — and done it well every time.
This time, Mickelson found himself in an unfamiliar spot: the hospitality tent.
Yep. Mickelson’s tee shot (somehow) ended up in the beer tent on the fifth hole, and rather than taking a drop, he played it from there.
The only surprising part about this shot is that he didn’t stick it to 3 feet. He went on to make bogey on the hole, and is 2-over for the tournament.
Another day in the life of Phil Mickelson. Expect nothing less.
Related Link: Shot of the Year? Phil Mickelson Birdies Off Cart Path
Other Hot Links
– Andy Murray Shadows Rory McIlroy At The Barclays
– 11 Most Memorable New York Sports Moments
– Bob Barker Is Back… and Fighting People Again
– 9 Mostly Serious Ways to Improve the FedExCup Playoff System
– Water Picked: ‘The Golf Ball Seeker’ Will Keep You Dry
– The Fringe: Phil Mickelson Hopes to Reignite Rivalry with Tiger Woods
– NBA’s J.R. Smith Plays Golf with Special Olympics Superstar
– ‘The Simpsons’ Marathon Brings Back Show’s Top Golf Memories
– Man Wields Machete After Golf Ball Lands In His Yard