Tiger Woods shared photos of him and new girlfriend Lindsey Vonn for a simple reason.
“Well, it’s very simple. We’re very happy where we’re at, but also we wanted to limit the stalk‑a-razzi and all those sleazy websites that are out there following us,” Woods said Wednesday at Bay Hill. “I’ve had situations where it’s been very dangerous for my kids and the extent they’ll go to. We basically devalued the first photos. Unfortunately, that’s just the way it is in our society right now, and we felt like it was the best thing to do. I’m very happy about it.”
The paparazzi won resoundingly in 2009 and early 2010 after Woods hit that fire hydrant the night after Thanksgiving. So let’s call it: Paparazzi 1, Tiger 0.5.
To see the photos of Woods and Vonn, click here. Now on to the rest of the Tips.
- Speaking of Tiger, he apparently parked his yacht Privacy last week next to that of rumored new beau to ex-wife Elin Nordegren, Chris Cline. The billionaire magnate’s ship is larger.
- Maybe Yani Tseng should have docked closer to the site of this week’s Kia Classic. The defending champion missed her pro-am time on Wednesday and embarrassingly had to withdraw from the event.
- Jaguar will have a new toy for the public to spy at the New York Auto Show: an XJ hotrod.
- Socks don’t usually make news, but Kentwool’s Augusta National-themed, limited-edition sock did last year. It’s back in 2013, so get your feet on them right away. They’re the best socks in the world.
- Nikon Golf has signed Ian Poulter as a spokesman for its new line of laser rangefinders. Make these competition legal, USGA!