The BBC is reporting that Rory McIlroy and Horizon Sports Management have reached an agreement, averting what could have potentially been a disastrous trial for McIlroy.
McIlroy’s senior counsel Paul Gallagher notified the judge this morning that the case had been settled. The two sides released a joint statement on the issue and haven’t commented further.
“The legal dispute between Rory McIlroy and Horizon Sports Management has been settled to the satisfaction of both parties who wish each other well for the future,” the statement said.
The parties will be making no further comment.
Yesterday, the two sides negotiated for hours in an effort to reach an agreement, with McIlroy reportedly leaving around 9:00 p.m. local time. He wasn’t present in the court room today when the settlement was announced.
While no particulars of the deal have been or are expected to be announced, rumors have the deal being for “well north” of $20 million according to the BBC’s report.
Related Link: Lawsuit Sidelines McIlroy
Other Hot Links:
– ‘Slaying The Tiger’ Author Shane Ryan On Patrick Reed: ‘He Can Be A Prickly Pear’
– ‘It’s Gotta Be The Shoes’: Custom Spikes Are All The Rage
– Keegan Bradley, Jordan Spieth & Their $1,800 Super Bowl Ride
– Jordan Spieth Hooks Up Patrick Peterson With Sweet Under Armour Shoes
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– World’s Worst Golf Shot Or Best Trick Shot? You Decide!
– Denny Hamlin Says Bubba Watson Is Too Scared To Race
– Top 10: Super Bowl XLIX Commercials