If I told you Rory McIlroy had zero holes-in-one as a professional until today, would you believe me? Probably not.
On Friday, McIlroy made his first ace as a pro on the 177-yard par-3 15th hole at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. The club: a 9-iron. A freaking 9-iron from 177 yards out.
Take a look:
I’m not sure what Miguel Angel Jimenez hit to make his ace on Thursday, but I can bet it wasn’t a 9-iron.
The only thing that would’ve made that video better was if McIlroy celebrated the same way Jimenez did. Maybe next time.
Other Hot Links:
– The Fringe: Chris Kirk Drug Tested After Tying Course Record
– Watch Miguel Angel Jimenez Sink ‘The World’s Most Interesting Ace’
– Chrome Soft: Behind The Making Of Callaway Golf’s New Ball
– Phil Mickelson Sells California Home For $5.725 Million
– Rickie Fowler & Rory McIlroy Hit Fish Food In ‘Pitch & Paddle’ Contest
– Ian Poulter Gets Fitted At Ferrari HQ, Makes You Extremely Jealous
– John Elway & 9 Hilariously Awkward Press Conferences
– The Turn: Economic Impact Of CFB Playoff, Phoenix Open & Super Bowl
– Ryan Carey Of ‘Golf Treasures’ Talks Rory, Tiger Memorabilia
– Off Par: Ancient Golf Aliens
– Patrick Reed’s Epic Tan Line & CFB ‘Mean Tweets’
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets