It appears the fans of Irish rugby club Connacht are big Neil Diamond fans.
Rory McIlroy was gagged mid-interview with the BBC during Connacht’s match against Ulster when Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” played throughout the stadium.
The crowd chanted along, picking on Rory, who notoriously split with then-fiancee Caroline Wozniacki last spring.
Good for Rory to be able to laugh it off. He sure handled it well.
Perhaps he, like me, was thinking back to Will Ferrell’s rendition of Diamond in Saturday Night Live’s “Storyteller’s With Neil Diamond.”
At any rate, McIlroy was at the game because he’s a big fan of Ulster and was even parading around the Claret Jug.
More Rory McIlroy Links:
– Another Win: Rory McIlroy Named PGA Tour Player Of The Year
– Rory McIlroy Won’t Sign Center Of Masters Flag … Until He Wins
– Wigs, Kilts & Cops: Things Got Weird After The Ryder Cup
– 2014 Ryder Cup: Day 3 Studs & Duds
– Take a Look Inside Rory McIlroy’s Plush Pad
– McIlroy Not Hung Up on Catching Jack; Almost Quit Golf at 16
– Rory-mania: Jack Nicklaus Believes McIlroy Can Win ’15 or 20 Majors’
– Rory McIlroy’s Personal Golf Course Modeled Augusta, St. Andrews
– Rory McIlroy’s Northern Ireland Mansion Up for Rent
– Major Mulligan: What If Rory & Caroline Didn’t Break Up?