Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means families will be brought together to enjoy a feast, watch football, and reunite with one another. Football typically dominates the TV in every household, but who’s to say we can’t watch a little golf instead?
It may not be the peak of the PGA Tour season and Thanksgiving doesn’t typically coincide with golf, but the USGA is trying to change that for those who have had a little too much football during their “turkey day.”
The USGA will be re-broadcasting its documentary, “1962 U.S. Open: Jack’s First Major,” on Fox at 3 p.m. Eastern this Thanksgiving.
The hour-long film chronicles Jack Nicklaus’ victory over Arnold Palmer at Oakmont Country Club as he made his mark in golf for many years to come.
Here’s the trailer:
Be sure to check your local listings, because you won’t want to miss this.
More Hot Links:
– The Turn: Charlie Sifford & His Signature Cigars
– The Turn: 2013 ParaLong Drive Champion Jared Brentz
– See Tiger’s New Coach Jump Off High-Dive & Swing In Air
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– Odell Beckham Jr. Catches All In Hilarious Memes
– The Fringe: Payday For Stenson & Creamer Goes Barefoot
– Derek Jeter, President Obama Golf at Exclusive Shadow Creek in Las Vegas
– Suzy Whaley Elected First Female Officer in PGA History
– Sunday Drive: 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
– Tiger Woods Announces Chris Como As New Swing Coach
– Uni-que Perspective: Sports Autographs