SwingU, the sports technology and media company, would like to congratulate 38 of its SwingU Academies clients for being named to Golf Digest’s 2022-2023 Top Teachers In Your State list, including five of whom were also named to the Top 50 Best Teachers In America List.
“We are excited about our clients’ accomplishments and are looking forward to their continued growth and success,” said Charles Cox, CEO of SwingU.
Golf Digest’s 50 Best Teachers and Best Teachers in Your State is the game’s only ranking of instructors done entirely by peer voting. More than 2,000 teachers across the United States weighed in on their colleagues both locally and nationwide to create the list.
The five instructors recognized as Golf Digest Top 50 Best Teachers include:
- Jim McLean (Jim McLean Golf School at The Biltmore Miami, Coral Gables, FL)
- Mark Blackburn (Blackburn Golf Academy at Greystone G&CC, Birmingham, AL)
- Jim Hardy (Plane Truth Golf at BlackHorse GC, Cypress, TX)
- Stan Utley (Grayhawk GC, Scottsdale, AZ)
- Hank Haney (Hank Haney University Paradise Valley, AZ)
Aside from the six named to the Top 50 Best Teachers List, the following 33 instructors were named to the Best In Your State List:
- Andy Traynor (Plane Truth Golf, Dallas, TX)
- Ben Pellicani (Westhaven GC, Nashville, TN)
- Brandon Roby (Cascade Hills CC, Grand Rapids, MI)
- Brenndan Cooper (Staley Farms GC, Kansas City, MO)
- Brian Speakman (Blackburn Golf Academy at Greystone G&CC, Birmingham, AL)
- Bryan Gathright (The Club at Cordillera Ranch, Boerne, TX)
- Chad Phillips (Pinetree CC, Kennesaw, GA)
- Chris Mayson (Maderas GC, Poway, CA)
- Chris O’Connell (Plane Truth Dallas, Plano, TX)
- Craig Bocking (Ledges of Huntsville, Huntsville, AL)
- Dave Kendall (Kendall Golf Academy, Ypsilanti, MI)
- E.A. Tischler (Olympia Fields CC, Olympia Fields, IL)
- Gary Gilchrist (Mission Inn Resort & Club, Howey-in-the-Hills, FL)
- George Connor (Farmington Woods GC, Avon, CT)
- Grayson Zacker (Jim McLean Golf School at The Biltmore Miami, Coral Gables, FL)
- Helen Kurtin (St. Louis Golf Academy, Maryland Heights, MO)
- Jason Baile (Jupiter Hills Club, Tequesta, FL)
- Jason Sutton (Colleton River Club, Bluffton, SC)
- Jeremy Anderson (Legacy GC, Phoenix, AZ)
- Jon McLean (The Club at 3 Creek, Jackson, WY)
- Josh Zander, Stanford GC, Stanford, CA)
- Maureen Farrell (St. Andrews GC, Overland Park, KS)
- Mike Malizia (The Club at Admiral’s Cove, Jupiter, FL)
- Nick Bova (Hamilton Farm GC, Gladstone, NJ)
- Paul Haase (Kendall Golf Academy, Ypsilanti, MI)
- Paul Kaster (Paul Kaster Golf Coaching, Little Silver, NJ)
- Paul Ramee (Bull’s Bridge GC, South Kent, CT)
- Paxton O’Connor (Desert Mountain Club, Scottsdale, AZ)
- Rea Schuessler (CC of Mobile, Mobile, AL)
- Shawn Cox (The Grand GC, San Diego, CA)
- Shawn Koch (Atlanta Athletic Club, Johns Creek, GA)
- Tim Cooke (The Golf Learning Center at the Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head Island, SC)
- Warren Bottke (PGA National Resort and Spa, Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
SwingU Academies develops personalized, branded instruction and training apps as well as branded email newsletters & programming for clubs, teachers and academies. It counts among its clients some of the most recognizable names in golf instruction.
By increasing engagement, loyalty and brand awareness, SwingU Academies is able to drive more in-person and online lesson revenue, while also offering students a world-class virtual academy experience for each coaching client, including lesson booking, 1-on-1 communication, in-person & remote swing analysis, video-on-demand content, strokes gained and on-course performance data.
To learn more about SwingU Academies, visit our website at SwingU.com/Academies.
Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, SwingU is a sports technology and media company focused on golf game improvement. The company owns and operates the top-rated golf game-improvement app across GPS, scorecard, statistics and instruction. SwingU Clubhouse publishes an email newsletter reaching hundreds of thousands of golfers daily. Lastly, SwingU Academies develops personalized, branded instruction & training apps and media for clubs, teachers and academies. For more company information, please visit www.swingu.com.