It’s never good when a car ends up on a golf course, or more specifically in a water hazard. Thankfully in this instance, a group of golfers was there to save the day and possibly the driver’s life.
On Monday afternoon, a driver reportedly crashed his car into a lake at Glendale Lakes Golf Club in Arizona after possibly having a seizure. Four golfers witnessed the crash and heroically jumped into the hazard to pull the man out of the submerged car.
As you can see from the photo and video below, the car was completely underwater.
— 12News (@12News) December 22, 2014
The driver was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK. Had it not been for the brave foursome, the man may not have been rescued in time. Fortunately they were there to save the day and everyone made it out of the lake safely.
Driving cars onto golf courses, however, has become much too common and something needs to be done about it. What exactly can prevent it? I have no idea, but I don’t want to be thinking about a Ford Explorer barreling down the fairway in my backswing.
Other Hot Links:
– SUV Tears Through Golf Course, Causes $40K In Damage
– Airplane Finds Water Hazard In Emergency Landing
– Landing Planes on Golf Courses Is Becoming A Thing
– Biplane Turns Torrey Pines Into Runway
– Back9Network Gift Guide: Nexbelt
– The Clubhouse’s 20 for 2015: No. 8 Sergio Garcia
– The Turn: USGA Celebrates 120th Year
– At $1.8M, Hunter Mahan’s SoCal Golf Course House Is A Bargain
– Sunday Drive: 1989 Lamborghini SUV & The Coolest Lambo Products
– Video: Golf Cart Drifting On Frozen Pond Is A Great Success
– Back9Network Gift Guide: Bushnell NEO XS GPS Rangefinder
– Back9Network Gift Guide: Golf Shoes