There are a million reasons we love Phil Mickelson. From his aww-shucks smile to impressive resume, Lefty has won the hearts of fans everywhere during his hall-of-fame career.
Perhaps the most exciting and interesting chapter in the book of Phil, though, is his desire to almost always go for glory and never backing down from an insanely challenging shot.
Case in point:
That’s right, early in his third round, Mickelson found himself in an unusual yet comfortable position — the beer tent.
On Friday, Mickelson went left on the par-4 fifth and found his ball on top of the hospitality area and, in fine Phil fashion, went ahead and hit it. Off the tight lie, he flew the green and wound up making bogey.
On Saturday, Mickelson did it again. His ball landed just a few feet from where he found it on Friday but managed to make par.
Related Link: Phil Mickelson Hits Ball Off Hospitality Tent
Other Hot Links
– Shot Of The Year? Mickelson Makes Birdie From Cart Path
– Andy Murray Shadows Rory McIlroy At The Barclays
– 11 Most Memorable New York Sports Moments
– Bob Barker Is Back… and Fighting People Again
– 9 Mostly Serious Ways to Improve the FedExCup Playoff System
– Water Picked: ‘The Golf Ball Seeker’ Will Keep You Dry
– The Fringe: Phil Mickelson Hopes to Reignite Rivalry with Tiger Woods
– NBA’s J.R. Smith Plays Golf with Special Olympics Superstar
– ‘The Simpsons’ Marathon Brings Back Show’s Top Golf Memories
– Man Wields Machete After Golf Ball Lands In His Yard