While the PGA Tour is posted up in sunny Hawaii, several guys are on the other side of the world playing in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. On the surface, it seems obvious that Hawaii would have been a better choice, but not when you see how much fun the players are having at the European Tour event.
Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, and Henrik Stenson took part in a pre-tournament competition in which they took target practice using balls of fish food. I promise, it makes sense.
The “Pitch & Paddle” game took place on the water, hence the use of fish-food balls. After being placed in teams of two (Rory and Rickie vs. Rose and Stenson), they battled it out to hit targets on the water while their caddies were in kayaks.
Why? I have no idea, but it was cool.
McIlroy and Fowler — the dynamic duo — came away with the win after struggling early on. The shot of the day went to Stenson, who nearly took out his caddie on the kayak.
I can’t imagine hitting fish-food golf balls at a tiny square target is all that easy. But hey, that’s why these guys are pros, right?
Other Hot Links:
– Ian Poulter Gets Fitted At Ferrari HQ, Makes You Extremely Jealous
– John Elway & 9 Hilariously Awkward Press Conferences
– The Turn: Economic Impact Of CFB Playoff, Phoenix Open & Super Bowl
– Ryan Carey Of ‘Golf Treasures’ Talks Rory, Tiger Memorabilia
– Off Par: Ancient Golf Aliens
– Patrick Reed’s Epic Tan Line & CFB ‘Mean Tweets’
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– Bubba Watson To Auction Classic Car For Charity
– Marcus Mariota Calls Golf ‘Frustrating,’ Helps On Football Field
– Test Drive: $230K Donkervoort D8 GTO Blister Berg Edition
– Watch This Guy Make An Underwater Ace…Seriously
– Jim Furyk Celebrates Callaway Deal With LeBron-esque ‘Tee Toss’